Featured Post

A Nice Cup of Coffee With Professional Coffee Machines

It was my second week as a journalist. The fact that I was homecoming queen in high school and that I was fairly pretty scored me no points here. Helena my editor was a nightmare. I would write endless articles and she would send it back with red circles or crossed out sentences.



“Focus!” she would say. Helena was a smart successful editor with no sense of humour. I felt tired and worn out after two weeks. So what any small town girl stuck in a big city would do, I called my dad. I wanted the big scoops, to go out and interview people, or write murder mysteries. Instead I had to start from scratch. I would a new topic for the smaller section in our newspaper from Helena every other day, I’m sure she thought up annoying small ones on purpose. She gave me new topic, “Professional Coffee machines” and I cringed.

My father was less sympathetic. A job is a job he meant to say. Put 100% in each topic he said. Helena wasn’t keen on waiting. Where to start?


My lunch break
I went out for lunch and decided to skip the fast foods today to actually taste coffee. I never drank much of it; I drank tea most of the time. I didn’t even know where to start ordering. I chose “bottomless” coffee. The waiter brewed it for me from a large silver coffee machine which made a shoosh sound and steamed the milk as well. I looked it up and got the topic of “best office coffee machines.” I had to read it to get 100% out of my topic. I saw many different ones, my mind was racing. While I drank the bottomless coffee, and decided to read slowly so I could actually understand. I read about the cup to cup machine. The small appliance for smaller offices, using pods. That would be nice for my flat I thought. Every time you can make an individual type of coffee. The one in the restaurant however, was more of a commercial espresso machine. That one is way more advanced and can make even Thai tea. Fitting for restaurants or large offices. I opened my laptop. I started making notes about the little I had learned in ten minutes. I felt instantly better. I’m sure it was the coffee.


The news room
I didn’t hang around in the staff kitchen much, I was the newbie. It was an editor eat newbie world. However I took a shot and went in. It was surprisingly quiet. The universe thought I needed a break. I approached the coffee machine. It seemed like a space ship. But if you can read you can achieve. So I put my cup under the canister and chose which button to press. I chose French vanilla. The machine started making my cappuccino. I felt overly impressed and started inspecting it to see what the coffee machine is called. So pass the million serial numbers it read commercial espresso machine. I made a note. The cappuccino was glorious with a bit of sugar. I couldn’t believe how fast and effortless it was. I typed about it endlessly, more information to impress Helena. I made subheadings; it made my writing way easier and kinder on the eye. On my next lunch I tried a bagel shop. They had a small office coffee machine, making bean to cup coffee. It provides medium amounts of coffee with one bean type and you can make as much or little as you want. I typed it before I forgot it.


Dinner
I went to dinner with Marc. I was always scared to say yes. So the large restaurant brought me a Thai tea. Marc had a double espresso. As marc went to the bathroom I asked the waiter to kindly explain their company coffee machine to me. “We use the professional espresso machine ma’am.” I was much obliged. I made notes quickly on my phone before Marc returned. After that I tried the hazelnut toffee flavoured coffee. Smooth but very sweet. Professional espresso machines works magic, from normal coffee to double espressos with state of the art grinder dripper technology. Being on a date just got a lot easier.


My new relationship
I went by Marc’s workplace to thank him for the flowers he sent me. He was a mechanical engineer. I waited outside the plant in the office. As he came, I asked him immediately about the coffee machine. He smiled so cute my knees felt numb. I looked at it, all around. It said industrial coffee machine. I left to read about this. These industrial coffee machines are less fancy but large and very durable. For large businesses with many workers. They produce lots of coffee with a airpot that brews and keep the coffee warm for up to hours. I figured it out, coffee machines are according to the needs of different companies. Helena will love this.


I handed Helena my assignment. She came back and told me, “It was fairly good!” She slammed the door of her office. I smiled. The next day I read my very own first article in our paper. I was in the clouds. So research makes you love a topic after all. My dad was right, more proud, but right. People actually read about coffee machines, and that is excellent. I bought myself a cup to cup with my first cheque, and I and more coffee from that day on. Its logical that coffee machines, whether it be industrial, commercial, or professional has it place in the right setting. Office coffee machines are sometimes taken for granted, but the source of comfort and the elixir that energizes you and even helps you learn.

Thanks to this topic, I impressed my editor, learnt to enjoy coffee and got my man. Take any opportunity, no matter how small, you’ll open a door to a world of endless possibilities.

Comments